self-starter who can act independently and work well with other team
members. According to the details on the dealdey jobs page,
the position is highly technical and balanced between engineering
operations roles, such as systems configuration management, and systems
related software development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Transform software designs and specifications into code.
- Write unit and functional tests.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, devise and implement solutions.
- Participate in departmental training sessions.
- Learn and improve software development skills and stay updated with recent innovations.
- Continuously manage infrastructures resident in AWS and Rackspace cloud environment.
- Setup infrastructures and add-ons such as servers, load balancers, cdn etc.
- Perform routine checks on infrastructures.
- Use application performance monitoring tools effectively.
- Manage essential development tools.
- Write scripts for process automations.
Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in a relevant discipline
- Intermediate understanding of any other programming language like Ruby, C#, Java etc.
- Good knowledge of relational database systems.
- Ability to understand complex problems and provide viable solutions.
- Ability to understand requirements and implement them in code.
- Basic knowledge of building and consuming RESTful APIs in JSON.
- Intermediate understanding of cloud server administration.
- Intermediate understanding of linux servers.
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of containerization tools like docker.
- Intermediate understanding of how internet works (protocols, packets, web servers)
- Basic to Intermediate understanding of shell scripting.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills.
- A fast learner.
- Good eye for details.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment effectively but being an individual contributor at the same time.
Key Performance Indicators
Turn Around Time on tasks
% Task Completion Rate
How To Apply For the DealDey Job
To apply, please send your resume with a detailed cover letter to [email protected] using ‘DD / Senior Software Developer / DevOps’ as the email subject.
Deadline for application is Friday 7th April 2017. Applications with incorrect email references will not be reviewed.